Today I want to share with you a very easy and fast recipe, which I received from my nutritionist Sara Grybos. I love pastas, but on some days I need a fast, easy and healthy meals. Especially on the days I come home late from work and I already feel hungry. This dish can be made in 15-20 minutes and is a lot healthier than a pizza or regular pasta dishes. So let’s cook!
This is a very known dish already from my student time, only as a student we never added chicken, a lot of pesto and a lot of mozzarella. This dish is a more healthier variant and here at home we both really dig it. The recipe and the ingredients below are for two people.
What do we need?
- 200 gram of chicken
- 40 gram of green pesto
- 6 leaves of fresh basil
- 200 gram of cocktail tomatoes
- 200 grams of whole grain penne.
- 1 small onion
First of all, We are using full grain pasta, this will make you feel a lot fuller than regular pasta so you will need to eat less. And as said this recipe is for two servings. One serving is around 434 Kcal and contains 34.6 grams of protein and 11.2 grams of fat. These numbers are also based on the brand of products you are using, the best is when buying pesto just to check a couple of jars and take the ones with the least amount of sugar in it and to make sure if there is sugar it is not one of the main ingredients.
How to make it?
- Start off with weighing the pasta in a pot and boil it, how you prefer your pasta. We always boil it in between al dente and fully boiled.
- When the pasta is on the stove you can start cutting the chicken in very small pieces, and the onion and small squares.
- Fry the chicken without any oil and add the onion, because there is no oil used you will need to keep on stirring.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- When everything is done put the chicken, onion, tomatoes, pasta and pesto in one pan. Mix it and put it on bowls.
- Decorate with Basil or mix the basil in as well and you are ready to eat!
Enjoy your meal!